Contact information / Plan your visit
Please feel free to call us anytime for more information.
Prenatal Diagnosis Center
Associated with Martha Jefferson Hospital
600 Peter Jefferson Parkway
Charlottesville, VA 22911
Phone: 434-220-8620 (appointments)
Business hours: 9 AM - 5 PM (Monday to Friday)
Who should consider prenatal testing and genetic counseling?
- You are pregnant and will be 35 years of age or older on your due date.
- You are pregnant with an abnormal expanded AFP blood test. (Quad Test)
- You have had an ultrasound of your fetus showing a possible birth defect.
- You have already had a child or close relative with a birth defect or genetic disease.
- You and your partner are carriers of a recessively inherited disease such as Tay-Sachs, sickle cell anemia, cystic fibrosis or thalassemia.
- You are a carrier of an X linked disease such as Fragile X, hemophilia or muscular dystrophy.
- You and your partner are closely related to each other (such as first cousins).
- You have been exposed to medications, X-rays or other agents during your pregnancy that may be harmful to the developing fetus.